Alright to get the WordPress Wepay Plugin working you will need API Access to Wepay. I decided to split this tutorial into part 1 and Part 2, Part 1 is how to get your API information and account id. Part 2 is the setup of the plugin. I’m only going into production mode. I don’t see the need to test it since the plugin has been tested. Also your plugin will not work till Wepay activates your API, if its pending, you will not be able to process transactions.
Lets get started.
Part 1. Getting your API information
1. First you will need to goto https://www.wepay.com/developer. That is the production site, which means you can start collecting money today.
2. Once you register you will need to go to the developer section again, click on “Your Apps”
3. Click on “Create an application”, fill out all the fields, and hit submit.
4. You now have registered a app with wepay, which will give you your client secret, access token.
5 . You will now need to create an account you want your money to go into. Click on the “Home” link at the top of the screen. This will bring you to your account home page. You can ether use an account you have created or create a new one. In this case I will use one I already have, so click on the one you want to use.
Once you have clicked on it, in the address bar on your browser will tell you your account number.
Example: https://www.wepay.com/group/view/<YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE>
Copy that number you have in your browser, you will need it later.
Part 2. Setting up the Plugin
1. Copy the folder “wepay-wordpress-plugin” into the plugin directory on your wordpress site.
2. Login and activate the WordPress Wepay Plugin
3. Once activated, you will see a new tab on your sidebar in the admin. Goto Wepay Manager > Wepay Settings
4. Set the follow:
- Production mode to Production
- Fill in your account ID, client id, client secret, and access token.
- Thank you page – this has to be the direct link to the page you want your end users to see after the transaction has been completed. (i.e. http://www.mysite.com/thankqpage/)
Hit “Save Changes”
5. Now your hooked up to Wepay. Go to “Wepay Manager > Wepay Manager”
6. Read the information on how to use the short codes.
[wepay text="Buy Now" amount="1.00" sdesc="testing" css="buttoncss" feepayer="Payee"]
-With the short code we call on “wepay” as the short code itself.
“Text” is the value or what you want the button to say.
“amount” is amount you want to charge.
“sdesc” a short description of what you want to sell or the payee is donating for.
“css” is the css property you want to call on, otherwise if you do not it will just look like a link.
“feepayer” specifies who is going to pay for the fees for this transaction, you (Payee) or the purchaser (Payer). You must use “Payee” or “Payer”, anything else and it will not work.
7. Take your new short code and paste it on the page or post you want it on. Update the post or page and you should now have a Wepay Payment Button.
If you have any questions, post a comment.